Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Italy--Day 7

Wednesday ended up being my favorite day. I found a Cinque Terre day trip out of Florence on the Weekend in Florence website. I am so glad I booked that trip! We finally got outside of the cities and saw a more down-to-earth lifestyle (even though they still catered to tourists). We left the Florence train station at 7am in a very nice charted bus. It was comfortable and we had a guide that spoke English, Italian, and Spanish. She was great. We arrived at the port of La Spezia where we took a boat to Cinque Terre. The pictures do all of the speaking. The towns are so charming and quaint. I would love to hike through this area for a few weeks! It was long day, but by far my favorite area that we saw on this trip!
We got back to Florence at 8pm and promptly went to Il Porcospino down the street. Good food and there is a guy there that LOVES UT. He has pins, buttons, pictures, etc. It was really funny. If you want a good restaurant—go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment