Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here’s looking at you kid: A crock pot love affair

It is embarrassing to admit, but I think I have a culinary crush on my crock pot. It is crock pot Thursday. That means after working all day I get to come home to a delectable, home cooked meal that doesn’t require me to do…anything! You can slow cook an old running shoe with onions, garlic, roasted tomatoes, ginger, horseradish sauce, and wine and it will taste like a meal from any 5-star restaurant. Crock pots are amazing. I think Jesus wants everyone to have a crock pot.

My favorite crock pot recipes:
Beef or pork roast with horseradish wine sauce served over Israeli cous cous
Pork butt carnitas with orange juice and green chile served with roasted garlic, cilantro, queso fresco, and fresh corn tortillas
Stewed chicken with southwest spices and green chile served over rice or with tortillas

Busy moms and workaholics alike should invest in this is vital piece of technology. It prevents wasting money and sacrificing healthy habits by avoiding the inevitable fast food option (I’m still trying to severe my craving for PizzaHut). I think Apple should invest in smart crock pot technology! I throw in several ingredients and it tells me the remaining items to add for a gourmet meal. I’ll be sure to pitch that the next time I meet with Tim Cook. I’m sure he’ll just love it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment